The Groovestats overhaul is now complete! The second wave of it mainly consisted of backend stuff to allow for new/improved site features-- as a for instance, having a song shared between multiple packs before was pretty much impossible to do without having a separate ranking for the same song. After the overhaul, this is no longer the case; you can submit a score for Still Grey in Disbalance 3 and it'll count in Pendulum, too. There's a bunch of other stuff this allows for as well and some of that is covered here in this post.
- Player Ranking now has filters for all packs, no longer excluding officials. (It also runs off a cache for everything now, so custom packs join officials now in updating once a day rather than in real time. This is sort of the one drawback to everything I did and it's for performance reasons)
- Region Ranking now supports a full suite of filters, including pack, difficulties, etc. (Previously only supported officials)
- Machine Location List's rankings now support a full suite of filters, including pack, difficulties, etc. (Previously only supported officials)
- Quad Leaderboard now supports a full suite of filters, including pack, difficulties, etc. (Previously only supported officials)
- High Scores now supports a full suite of filters, including pack, difficulties, etc. (Previously only supported officials)
- Score Uploaders for both ITG and Pump have received a facelift in line with the theme system overhaul and are a little less overwhelming to view (You can minimize/expand results from a pack now)
- Recent Scores has been implemented on the site; it appears in a few different variants. On the front page, the five most recent scores across all packs in ITG and Pump are displayed. On a player's profile, that player's five most recent scores are displayed. Finally, there's also a Recent Scores page that displays the 30 most recent scores given a set of filters.
- Game Slots are now settable on your profile. These are the percentage bars shown at the bottom of your profile; previously, you were forced to display your overall ITG 1/2 percentages and ITG 1/2 Marathons/Survivals. Now, you can set up to four packs of your choosing on your profile (or none if you want).
- Step Parser. Not really something you guys can play with, but Zetorux and I collaborated on (read: I told him what SQL needed to be generated and he did everything else) a step parser to make adding new packs less cumbersome-- up to this point, I've been inputting every song and every pack manually (that includes all the step data like steps, mines, rolls, etc.). This means adding new songs is done in a matter of minutes instead of like days. MAJOR MAJOR kudos to Phil for helping me out with that!
NEW PACKS :
Yeah I know this is all you guys care about:
Mudkyp Korea 2
Mudkyp 6th Gen
Mute Sims 7
The Legend of Zim 5
Cirque du Veyron
Most likely will be adding some more packs in the near future (Beast Aoreo Beast 2/3? Gazebo's stuff?), but I figured this was plenty for you guys to play with for the time being. Thanks for your patience-- I hope you'll agree the improvements were worth the wait!
Groovestats Overhaul complete / Huge pack update!
1 reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users