• Create Account

Song pack update: Sharpnelstreamz v2 (and Spectrum Easy)!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Archi

Archi

Totarry Awesome

• Administrators
  • 30 posts
After a whole lot of work, Sharpnelstreamz v2 is finally ranked on the site!  I apologize for the very long wait, but the pack shares 65 songs total between itself, Sharpnelstreamz v1, Disbalance Episode 3, and Oh Henry-- actually, there's even one chart that's also in Mute Sims 8.  With all of those duplicate songs, it required an enormous amount of manual reviewing to make decisions about where individual song rankings would be shared and where they would be separate-- truthfully even after all that I'm not confident that I made the best decisions in each circumstance because it would have been too tedious to test every single chart and compare them-- I was forced to compare mostly just step counts and the like, and that still took hours and hours to get through.

This isn't even mentioning having to restructure some of the database querying, since I hadn't anticipated there being shared charts between packs that changed difficulties (example: an Expert in Veyron for We Luv Lama versus it being Medium in Sharpnelstreamz).  Anyway, I had to spend hours fixing that too.  As a side note, Tachyon Spectrum has all the Easy difficulties ranked now, since fixing those queries made it possible to share those rankings properly as well.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Sharpnel v2 must be in a folder called "Sharpnelstreamz v2" in order for it to work with USB uploading.  The reason I mention this is that the pack was originally released in three folders that were just labeled by letters of the alphabet-- obviously no one is really intended to add it to their machine that way, but the directions on adding it were a little unclear in the original posts for the pack.  Anyway, just make sure you use that folder name if you plan on hacking it on a machine and you want to be able to upload scores from it.

-Ian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users