Parts of otherwise non-frightening games that scared me as a kid

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Linkums

Linkums

• There's The Boys
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Here's the blog post about it in Cracked-style list form.

For me, some of them were invincible enemies that followed you, like Phanto (Mario 2 mask) and Baron von Blubba (Bubble Bobble ghost), Bowser's laugh in Mario 64, Big Boo's Haunt in Mario 64, Missingno., and getting lost in 3-D Dinosaur/Body Adventure (the educational PC games).

What were you afraid of? Besides running out of air in Sonic, because everyone was and is afraid of that.

Krushrpants

Krushrpants

Admin

• Administrators
  • 266 posts
Im trying to remember what games I even owned as a kid. The only thing that sort of sticks out is the egg shooting dinosaur in super mario bros 2. Actually there were a bunch of things in that game that sort of weirded me out

Zezockary

Zezockary

• Dragon Phoenix
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I always hated the underwater parts of any game, even the ones where you cant drown. Its kinda weird actually, I love swimming and water in general irl but if i swim in a game I feel like I am drowning..

I. Feared. Nothing. Except maybe redeads... and like-likes... and maybe the random hands that fell down on you in legend of zelda.

Alex311360

Alex311360

• Undecided
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The Shiverburn Galaxy "trees" from Super Mario Galaxy 2 and the Mysterious Transmission from Pokemon Gold, Silver, and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Those things gave me the chills.

@@l

@@l

• Warming Up
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
when you lose the baby in Yoshi's island

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users